Olympic Champions and prize-winners did Morning Work-Out together with MSU students
On May 31 in front of the Shuvalovsky building of the Moscow State University named after M. V. Lomonosov, the Higher School of Policy in Culture and Administration in Humanities (faculty) with the support of the ROC organized a sports-musical flash mob Morning Work-Out With Olympic Champions.
Before the event, Deputy Head of the International Relations Department of the ROC Alexey Slautin on behalf of the Russian Olympic Committee expressed gratitude to the administration of the Higher School of Policy in Culture and Administration in Humanities for cooperation and awarded the certificate of honor-gratitude ‘for the special contribution to the promotion of the Olympic movement’ to the acting Dean of Faculty, Professor Elena Khalipova.
– I want to thank the Olympic Committee for appraising not only my work but also the work of all our sports staff, said Elena Khalipova. – During the existence of the faculty, 15 Olympic Champions and prize-winners of different years studied here and received diplomas of sports managers. Some of them will take part in today’s event. We are very pleased to cooperate with the ROC and hope that the Higher School of Policy in Culture and Administration in Humanities will bring many more benefits to Russian sport and the Olympic movement in terms of training of qualified specialists. I wish all participants of the traditional Morning Work-Out with Olympic Champions event cheerfulness and liveliness. And I wish students further success in their studies, and athletes new victories!
After the welcoming speeches, the Olympians began to appear on the stage one by one. Two-time Olympic champion in Synchronized Swimming, graduate of the master’s degree and graduate student of the Higher School of Policy in Culture and Administration in Humanities Alla Shishkina, as the host of the event, introduced the athletes.
In addition to the standard exercises of the stars of the Russian sports offered specific exercises to the students. For example, figure skater Fyodor Klimov set the task to perform a ‘single tour’ (one turn jump). Not everyone managed, but after such a warm-up in the fresh air everyone was in a good mood.
– Last year I could not participate in this event due to the fact that I was at the training camp. But Tatiana Volosozhar told me about this wonderful event in all the details. So today I already knew what to do, said 2014 Olympic champion in the team figure skating in an interview with the ROC Information Service.
– Such events are very important in terms of popularizing mass sports and, in particular, student sports, which, I think, is not developing as fast as we would like it to, added Fyodor Klimov.
The figure skater also spoke about his studies at the MSU.
– Just a week ago, I defended a graduation thesis on ‘Athletes’ image’, and before that successfully passed the final exams. I don’t know about graduate school yet. If I understand that I can find time to continue the studies, then, of course, I will.
Two-time Olympic champion in Gymnastics Elena Zamolodchikova included cross-country skiing exercises in the Work-Out. The race around the square in front of the Shuvalov school building in cold weather came in very handy.
– This is my second year of participating in the Work-Out with the students of Moscow State University, said Elena Zamolodchikova. For me, first of all, it is a meeting with friends for good mood. I always come to such events with pleasure because I understand how important they are for the younger generation. If after today’s Work-Out and communication with us guys will begin to jog or catch up on the bar at least sometimes, then it was not in wane.
The Commission of athletes ROC Athletes’ Commission took active part in the preparation of Morning Work-Out With Olympic Champions event. It was represented by Fyodor Klimov, skater Lada Zadonskaya and biathlete Olga Zaitseva.
Silver medalist of the European championship, the skater Sergei Gryaznov, Vice-Olympic champion, judoka Alexander Mikhailin, 2-time Olympic medalist in athletics Olesya Zykina, Olympic wrestling champion Khadzhimurad Magomedov, the Olympic champion in synchronized swimming Gelena Topilina and Vlada Chigireva, Olympic medalist, fencer Alexey Yakimenko also responded to the invitation to take part in the flash mob.