12 April 2018
The results of the ROC Executive Committee meeting
Today, at the Russian Olympic Committee a joint meeting of the Executive Committee and the Board of the Ministry of Sport. It began with a discussion of the results of the participation of Olympic athletes from Russia, accompanying and officials in the XXIII Olympic Winter Games 2018 in Pyeongchang (Republic of Korea).
The meeting was attended by the ROC President Alexander Zhukov, Russian Minister of sports Pavel Kolobkov, first Vice-President Stanislav Pozdnyakov, Director of the Russian National Teams Training Center Alexander Kravtsov, and heads of all-Russian sports federations.
Alexander Zhukov called the performance of the Olympic team in Pyeongchang worthy, despite the absence of a group of leading athletes.
– Of course, the skaters pleased us, winning one gold and two silver medals. The competition between Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva, without doubt, graced the Olympics. Our hockey team in a difficult struggle managed to live up to expectations, repeating the success, achieved 26 years ago. And the ski team’s performance without its leaders, was frankly, above all praise, said the head of the ROC.
Pavel Kolobkov thanked the athletes for the strength of spirit and their will to win.
– It was probably the most difficult Olympic Games in our history. Nevertheless, the team fought to the end, having shown its best, the Minister of sports noted.
Stanislav Pozdnyakov, who headed the Olympic Athletes from Russia delegation, recalled that at the 2018 Games the Russians won 17 medals (2 gold, 6 silver and 9 bronze) in 6 of 13 sports.
– 47 athletes from 14 subjects of the Russian Federation became Champions and prize-winners. However, it does not fully reflect the strength of our Olympic team. We missed 2-3 gold medals, because of the numerous suspensions, said the first Vice-President of the ROC.
President of the Cross Country Skiing Federation of Russia Elena Vyalbe, the head of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia Alexander Gorshkov and the Executive Director of the Russian Ice Hockey Federation Dmitry Kurbatov gave their brief reports on the performance of skiers, skaters and hockey players in Pyeongchang.
Then after a short break, the members of the Executive Committee of the ROC approved the date and agenda of the Olympic Assembly, to be held on may 29, 2018 at 11:00 in the conference hall of the ROC. At the Olympic Assembly will hear reports of the ROC Executive Committee on its work in 2014-2018 and the auditing Commission of the ROC, and there will be the election of the governing and supervisory bodies of the ROC.
In addition, the Executive Committee decided to award the ROC Honorary badge For Merits in the Development of the Olympic Movement in Russia to:
- Lev Antonov, President of the Vladimir regional football Federation for a lot of work on the development and popularization of football and the promotion of the Olympic movement in the Vladimir region;
- Mikhail Baryshev, Head of the Military Personnel Administration of the Russian Federation, Colonel for great work to train international class athletes, popularization of physical culture, sports and promotion of the Olympic movement in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;
- Elena Dolgopolova, Associate Professor of the Department of History of Physical Culture, Sport and Olympic Education of the SCOLIPE for significant work on preparation of highly qualified specialists in the field of sport and promotion of the Olympic movement;
- Antonina Zelikovich, three-time Olympic medalist, honored master of sports in rowing for great work on the development and popularization of physical culture, sports and promotion of the Olympic movement in the Russian Federation and in connection with her 60th;
- Elena Komova, head of the Department of Foreign Languages and Linguistics, associate Professor of the SCOLIPE for great work to train highly qualified sports specialists and promotion of the Olympic movement;
- Nadezhda Leontieva, member of the Central Olympic Academy Executive Committee, Associate Professor of the Department of History of Physical Culture, Sport and Olympic Education of the SCOLIPE for big work on preparation of highly qualified sports specialists and promotion of the Olympic movement;
- Luiza Noskova, Olympic champion of the Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games of 1994 in Biathlon, President of the Tyumen Region Olympic Council for big work on the development and popularization of biathlon, promotion of the Olympic movement in the region and in connection with his 50 anniversary;
- Nadezhda Ovchinnikova, Executive Secretary of the Tyumen Region Olympic Council, Deputy Director of the cross-country skiing and biathlon sports school of the Olympic reserve of the Tyumen Region for the great work on the development and popularization of biathlon, promotion of the Olympic movement in the region and in connection with her 60th anniversary;
- Maria Pinigina, senior Track and Field coach of the school of the highest sports skill of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), for great work on preparation of the international class athletes, popularization of the Track and Field Athletics, promotion of the Olympic movement in the Republic and in connection with her 60 anniversary;
- Valery Prigoda, specialist of the Olympic reserve school of the Volgoradsky Region, for the great work on the preparation of international class athletes, development and popularization of water sports, promotion of the Olympic movement in the Volgograd Region;
- Yuri Seryshev, the Dynamo Astrakhan Sports Society council chair, for the great work on the development and popularization of physical culture, sport and promotion of the Olympic movement in the Astrakhan Region;
- Svetlana Stadnichenko, coach of the Rhythmic Gymnastics Omsk regional center of the Olympic Reserve, for the great work in the field of preparation of international level athletes and promotion of the Olympic movement in the Omsk Region;
- Sergey Tarakanov, Olympic champion, World and European champion, Olympic medalist and Chairman of the CSKA Veterans Council, for the great work on the development and popularization of Basketball, promotion of the Olympic movement and in connection with his 60th anniversary;
- Ekaterina Chernobay, leading specialist of the Russian Olympic Committee Organizational Department, for great work on the development and popularization of physical culture, sports and the promotion of the Olympic movement.