Umar Kremlev: “Cubans will perform in the strongest composition in Volgograd”
On September 14 and 15, in Volgograd, at the football arena, which recently hosted the World Cup matches, the Russian men’s Boxing team will hold two match meetings with the fashion legislators in this sport, the Cubans. The Secretary-General of the Russian Boxing Federation gave some details of this extraordinary sporting event.
– It was our initiative, said Umar Kremlev. – Our young team needs to grow and gain experience. It is difficult to imagine a better opportunity for this than the matches with the Cubans. With the help of such sparrings our guys will raise their level, and the coaches will understand who they can count on next year at the home World Championship in Sochi.
– Has the Russian side, as the organizer, set a condition for the opponent to bring its first numbers?
– This issue was discussed. The Cuban national team will come in the strongest composition. While we will put forward two different compositions to see as many candidates for participation in the world Cup 2019. The bout will be held within two days, in 10 weight categories. Now the men’s team is at the training camp in Elbrus, and the second stage of preparation for match meetings with Cuba is planned to be held in Kislovodsk.
– The football stadium in Volgograd has a capacity of 45,5 thousand spectators. Are you sure that Boxing matches will gather such an impressive audience?
– Boxing in our country is as popular and in some regions even more popular than football. Let me give one example: on July 21, Moscow will host a clash for Muhammad Ali Trophy between Murat Gassiev, Russia, and Alexander Usik, Ukraine. So it is already clear that the Olympic stadium will be sold out. All 30 thousand tickets have already been sold out!