– Alina, today you have reached the main peak in sports. What’s next?
– In our sport there are many titles that you want to win. Soon, for example, the World Cup will be held.
– Did you understand everything immediately after Zhenya Medvedeva’s skate?
– No. A higher score for the technique does not guarantee victory. Jenya always gets more for the components.
– Would you be very disappointed if you were second?
– For me, silver medal would be like a gold one. Honestly! I have recently moved to the adult level. I am not as experienced as Jenya.
– What did you say to her after the performance?
– We congratulated each other warmly.
– You look surprisingly calm.
– This is what I am, I keep all the emotions to myself.
– Many people believe that your free program is oversaturated with jumps.
– In my opinion, I have a very harmonious program. First, you can here slow music, which is convenient to make track steps to. In the second half of the performance the tempo increases and it is time to make jumps. This composition holds viewers attention till the last second. When they say I can’t wait for the second part of the program, it’s not true. Did you hear the applause? Fans cannot be fooled.
– Who is Hanyu Yuzuru for you?
– For me, this man is a legend. To miss half of the season and then win the Olympics… I don’t know how he did it!
– If we get the flag back, are you ready to be the bearer at the closing ceremony?
– I am.
At this point, Alina finally affords herself to smile…