27 February 2015
Ceremony honoring the winners of the Energy of Victories contest
A solemn ceremony honoring the winners of the 4th Energy of Victories nationwide contest has taken place today at the Russian Olympic Committee, Moscow. Director General of the Russian Olympic Committee congratulated the Winners and the Prizewinner of the contest.
The following journalists became the winners of the 4th Energy of Victories contest.
In the category Best Reportage/Film/Story:
- Ilya Trifanov, the Russia-2 TV channel, Moscow (among federal media);
- Tatyana Denisova, Andrey Russkikh, Udmurtia State TV and Radio Broadcasting Company, Izhevsk (among regional media);
- Mikhail Vasilyev, Almaty TV channel, Almaty, Kazakhstan (among foreign Russian-language media).
In the category Best Publication:
- Yuri Golyshak, Alexander Circles, Sport-Express, Moscow (among federal media);
- Ivan Zhidkov, Sport day by day, St. Petersburg (among regional media);
- Grigoriy Zeidman, the Football magazine, Kiev, Ukraine (among foreign Russian-language media).
In the category Best Photo Reportage:
- Ramil Sitdikov, Rossiya Segodnya International News Agency, Moscow (among federal media);
- Konstantin Chalabov, Rossiya Segodnya International News Agency, Veliky Novgorod (among regional media);
- Maria Plotnikova, Lenta.ru Internet newspaper, Brazil; Stanislav Filippov, sportfoto.kz, Astana, Kazakhstan (among foreign Russian-language media).
In the category Best Radio Reportage:
- Mikhail Zakharov, Sport FM Radio Station, Moscow (among the federal media);
- Ivan Kosyakin, Gubernia Radio Station, Voronezh (among regional media).
The jury of the competition consisted of famous Russian sports journalists: President of the Federation of Sport Journalists of Russia Nikolai Dolgopolov, Vice-President of the European Sports Press Union Lev Rossoshik, winner of the Russian and international contests and photographer Sergei Kivrin. Channel One sports commentator, a member of the Russian TV Academy and TEFI award winner Viktor Gusev was the Chairman of the Jury.
The all-Russian festival and contest of sports journalism “The Energy of Victories” was launched in 2011 by Gazprom as part of the Gazprom 2014 project. The competition pursues the objective of improving the Russian sports journalism and the cultural level of sports information presentation in mass media.
Since then more than 1,000 journalists from all regions of Russia and 10 countries of the near and far abroad. The Russian Olympic Committee became the co-organizer of the ceremony honoring the winners of the 4th Energy of Victories contest.
The cooperation between the OAO Gazprom and the Russian Olympic Committee began in 2001 after signing a long-term cooperation program. Gazprom provided financial assistance to the Russian Olympic Committee when preparing Russian athletes for the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City (2002), in Athens (2004), in London (2012) and in Sochi (2014). Gazprom has created some unique industrial and sports facilities in the context of preparations for the Sochi Winter Games.
October 23, 2014 OAO Gazprom and the Russian Olympic Committee signed a Memorandum of Cooperation. OAO Gazprom became the General sponsor of the Russian Olympic team. The funds that will be allocated by the company will be used for the preparation of Russian athletes for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro and the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Games.