This year, a 2-day program of the Forum has been planned and the main venue for events will be the Luzhniki Big Sports Arena. The forum is held on International Children’s Day for the fifth time with the participation of adolescents aged 14-17, representing the Russian Federation and foreign countries. To date, the National Olympic Committees of the Republic of Belarus, Armenia, Eswatini, Syria, the Gambia and Namibia have already confirmed their participation in the Forum.
The main tasks of the Forum are as follows:
– promoting the development of international humanitarian cooperation in the context of anti-Russian sanctions;
– strengthening the image of the Russian Olympic Committee as an organization that defends the true values of sports and the traditions of the Olympic movement;
– providing support for young athletes who have been illegally deprived of the right to compete in international competitions;
– educating and imparting in young athletes a proper attitude to the values of sports and the Olympic movement, including friendship, respect and the pursuit of excellence not only in sports, but also in life;
– motivating young athletes to adhere to the key principles of clean sport (life without doping) and fair play, as well as maintaining a personal impeccable reputation.
The grand opening of the International Forum of Young Olympians will take place on June 1 at 11:00 am at the Luzhniki Big Sports Arena (VIP A). The leadership of Russian sport and well-known statesmen will address the participants during the welcoming speech.