Seminar for heads of sports delegations of the Second European Games 2019

From July 9 to 13 Minsk hosted a seminar for heads of sports delegations of the Second European Games 2019. The ROC was represented by the delegation, headed by the Head of the Directorate for Participation in the Olympic Sporting Events A.Konokotin.

Representatives of all services of the Organizing Committee gave their speeches at the seminar. Also attendees inspected sports facilities, including the athletes’ village.

The II European Games are to be held in the capital of Belarus from 21 to 30 June 2019. Medals in 15 sports will be contested in Minsk. In 10 of those competitions will serve as qualifiers for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The program of 2019 Games includes both Olympic and non-Olympic sports and sports disciplines, including Acrobatics, Aerobics, Beach Football, Sambo.

It is expected that more than 4,000 athletes and 2,500 officials will take part in the competitions. The Russian Olympic team will consist of 230 athletes and 170-180 officials including rotation.

The Organizing Committee will cover the travelling costs of the participants in two steps. First payment (70% of the total costs) will be transferred by 31 March 2019. The remaining 30% will be transferred by the end of the Games in September, 2019. The Organizing Committee will compensate for  travel expenses for athletes, coaches, President and Secretary General of the NOC.

The accreditation begins on October 31, 2018 and ends on February 28, 2019. The number of accompanying persons should be equal to 50% of the declared number of athletes. Rotation is also possible, for which  a step-by-step  arrival/departure schedule is organized. At the same time, the Organizing Committee has not yet decided on the number of guest and driver accreditations for the NOCs.

The accommodation in the Olympic Village  is assumed to be on the basis of the Belarusian State University residence hall. Representatives of the ROC expressed their wish to settle  the team  in the ground floors of the 24-storey building under construction, as there is a possibility of single accommodation. Also in the village there will be warehouses, two 45 sq.m. rooms for the medical center and one  45 sq. m. room  for the staff.

As for the Presidents and General Secretaries of the NOCs, they will be accommodated at the Marriott hotel.  Victoria, Victoria SPA and Belarus hotels are available for media representatives. At the same time, the rules of accreditation and the number of accreditations for journalists have not been worked out yet.

If necessary, the Organizing Committee will order additional equipment, but the list has not yet been defined.

The hotel and ticket booking portal for the competitions will be launched in October, 2018. The first accommodation payment should be made before December 20, 2018. The tickets for the competition should also be payed in December, 2018.

The Organizing Committee reported that the National Olympic Committees can organize Fans Houses for the period of the Games, but the Belarusian side did not put forward any requirements on this issue.

With regard to transportation, the delegations will only be provided with one vehicle for Cycling (track and road) and a bus for Beach Football. Participants of the competition will travel on shuttles, and NOC Presidents and General Secretaries  will be able to use cars on order. At the same time, it is possible to rent additional transport and issue passes. More detailed information will appear later.

Also during the Seminar, the host party organized a demonstration of the II European Games, most of which are at work.